A super easy, healthy and delicious raspberry granola yoghurt smoothie that comes together in less than 3 minutes, great for filling and cheering you up!
I’m godmother to my cousin’s adorable 6-year-old little girl. She’s a delight: smart, kind and polite. But you know how it is with kids: when they are hungry they just have no patience at all. One time I had my little god-daughter over and she was hungry way before lunch time (around 10 am) I made her this 3 minute raspberry yoghurt granola smoothie:
It’s super easy, ready in less than 3 minutes, healthy (due to the protein and probiotics in the Greek yoghurt, fiber in the crunchy home made granola and fresh (or frozen) vitamin packed raspberries), delicious and last but not least pink! (which we all know is a must for girls 😉 )
It was an instant favourite and not just my god-daughter, but Boyfriend also deemed it yummy, so it got the “Man-approved-stamp” as well. *double win!*
When you have kids clamoring for something to eat immediately, or just need a quick and delicious pick me up (because the bright colour of this raspberry smoothie will most certainly cheer you up) make this quick treat for breakfast or a healthy snack. It comes together so quickly, that seriously the washing up will take more time than making it!
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup water or (nut) milk of your choice (more if you want the smoothie to be thinner)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries + a couple more for garnish
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 6-8 tbsp granola
- Put the Greek yoghurt, water or milk, raspberries and maple syrup in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- In a glass or bowl mix or layer the granola and the raspberry smoothie, garnish with a bit more of granola and raspberries on top, enjoy right away!
If you find the smoothie too tart add some maple syrup or honey.
You can 'amp it up' by adding some shredded coconut, seeds (hemp, chia or sesame), nuts or caco nibs if you want more crunch.